Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Best Dress

Boys break unevenly and Gurls revel in their charms

Smoke swirls ‘round this crowded bar while I’m dancing in your arms

We decided not long ago to make a go of it

I let down my battered walls and showed you all my bullshit

Now I fear I’ve not far to fall till I hit solid ground

When I do I’ll break so big the pieces wont be found

I’m the wearer of many masks I rarely show my face

You have dealt so many cards this hole has found it’s ace

Sometimes you’re scared to talk to me afraid I might lash out

But my truth is in my emotions, they’re what I’m all about

As we’re dancing cheek to cheek there’s something I must confess

I knew that I’d find you, when I put on my best dress

This town has taken it’s toll on us so many souls you can’t trust

I got tangled up too tight and choked off with lust

Many women have tried to take me many men have had their chance

You got all of me tonight with just one dance

Your body fits right into mine you kiss me ‘till I melt

Your heart pounds in time with mine your hand undoes my belt

In the morning I might regret you who knows what the sun will bring

But the moon’s up now so who gives a damn I’m taking off my things

All across this big blue rock people claim they are the best

I knew that I’d find you when I put on my best dress