Tuesday, June 7, 2011

splitting up my heart


Writing on the back of a note you wrote me
months ago when we were still friends
I'm writing down the words to this song
it's short and sweet but the melody never ends

convince my thoughts not to roam
convince my body that you're home
convince my soul that you won't break it apart
'cuz you gotta convince me
I'm done splitting up my heart

Men have played me for fools
left me standing holding my book of rules
and whats harder is this box full of tools
none of them seem to work on me
guess I'm screwed

Convince my thoughts not to roam
convince my body that you're home
Convince my soul that you wont break it apart
'Cuz baby, I'm done splitting up my heart

Now you're sittin' in that bar
Staring into your drink
trying to remember who you are
Boy I've been there, and yes I know it's rough
But it's nights like these that make boys tough

Try not to worry 'bout your tomorrows
Tonight we're drinking away our sorrows

Convince my lips to meet yours
Convince my eyes to take a tour
of all the brilliance inside your face
Boy show me nobody could ever take your place


No comments: