Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cuz I toss, and I turn, and it doesn't feel right

I'm removing myself from your situation
And standing my ground
It'll Be hard without the infatuation
When your skin tight jeans come around
You drive all the boys crazy
And all the men wild
But does your heart have what it needs
Or will you stay pretty and mild?
It's not about your character
As if to convince yourself
It's all about your situation
As if there wasn't another time
When you could have chosen the life that follows the line
But even that doesn't connect
Bringing up the past is supposed to hurt when it's broken
But there's no pain
Maybe this is what I'm supposed to know
That in order to help you
My light has to fade to a glow
In order to manipulate a situation in such a way that a person will not die
I
Have to step back, think only of them
Grow from a shining leo to a dim glow
And yes, it is a growth to downgrade
And that growth is something I struggle with every day of my life
But when it is required of me
It comes naturally, effortlessly.
It's the easiest time I don't focus on me
So in the natural order of things, I don't believe we fit
But the severity of this problem isn't nearly as concrete
I will never be able to run from you
Even though we don't fit, we're two corner pieces
And they'll always start with us
And we'll always act as if we didn't know
I'm done darling
I can't lie about it anymore.
So I'm admitting it to myself
And cutting off my corner.
Mwah!

No comments: