Friday, December 17, 2010

My Wild Heart < 3

In all my wisdom I could never see
the toll this life would take on me.
Force myself up and on with the day
I'm the one you want after your nightmare
but not the one you want for a good time.
I can turn all your music on
even make you feel alive.
You're long gone but you're always on my mind.
This world's got some pretty sick twists.
And there are times i wanna be done with it
but pain is the cost of love and I've paid retail price.
When it comes to men I've been pickin'
the ones who need some fixin'.
I need to put up a bigger fight
cuz if you're gonna be my religion,
then you gotta be a God, right?
If this world is a sea then I'm a bad swimmer.
I don't wanna be a shark, but I could be thinner.
We were floating around dancing to Mary
she said, "Love is real, but baby it's Cash N' Carry."
"Don't be afraid," you said, "Time doesn't exist here."
I said, "I"m sorry baby, but I'm in a different atmosphere."
See I lost me a while ago,baby and I was scared to start looking for me.
But, in a real dark place even the smallest light shines.
You might be scared of your life, but
I'm gonna get on with mine.
There's a spiritual pain in having to start every day
reminding myself of the chain:
We're all just links and we got to add on to be strong.
Because I know who I want to be and who I am.
I might not be him always
but I'm gonna worry bout right now.
Now I know that it's gonna be alright
this is a message to get me to keep on holding tight.
When the lights go down in the city
and the sun shines on the bay
It'll be a beautiful morning when I say
"Today I'm gonna do me.
No excuses, not a victim
and if they can't handle that then the fuck with them
Now I know there's a brighter day
Now i can see that I'm gonna be okay."

No comments: