Saturday, December 4, 2010

S.O.I.

In the beginning there was:


In the end there was:
Your state of inebriation
was way past my state of affection
my best loves are divas
so please don't think
i don't know about boys that need attention
We were way past funny
through with smart
getting right into sexy
like a work of devoted art
everything was beautiful
so i couldn't see
that you had broken down all my boundaries
I'm sorry for being so late
but how could i anticipate
your state of inebriation
so beyond my level of affection
I know all about the human body
but yours was one i wanted to explore
dig through the thick to see what makes you tick
and find out who you are
I've been down that road before
with somebody who loves his image more
than anything in this great wide world
and i know that that's not the way to get your wings unfurled
my heart stops
my mind starts
and my heart beats
you couldn't be the one
I'm meant to meet
i guess this is what
keepin' on means
cuz baby, maybe it's only a dream



No comments: