Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mind games

He's dead to the world
throwing herself around
he needs those million boys
to hold him to the ground
nights like these are spent learning emotion
for that day you give your dethroned devotion
He's inhaled too much of your scent now
you're the one that's stuck on his mind.

Hell show you the world if you let him
he'll give you his heart if you show him the grind
you're miles apart and barely speaking
always just a step behind his changing mind

closer now he's got your heart
holding you down when he starts
pulling away and making up excuses
do you feel like your time is useless
I'm gonna need a new bottle and a pack-a-cigarettes
if I'm ever to define this changing mind

I get to thinking after we've been drinking
what is it about you that makes me stay
is it those soft lips in a french kiss
or the sounds you make when we play

Well I'm the life of the party
a little bit naughty
or a pretty young barbie who sings to you
but you've only known me when I've been lonely
so you don't believe that's true

Good night my dear I'll see you soon
thanks for your time and bottles wine
the way the sun holds your face
i could not erase
the memory of you from my mind.

No comments: