Wednesday, February 6, 2008

And he slid off the couch

Babe,
If i had the balls
I'd say yes.
I'd calm down,
trust in you
lay myself down for you

And thats where we run into trouble
I have no problem laying myself down for you
giving myself to you for a time
But i can't give myself completely
I still hold on to a lot of myself
And i can't change that now

You're justly accusing
in your loud statements
I am emotionally hidden
I do talk to much
I should see you for what you are
I should let you in

Baby,
You held my head when it hurt
You sat with me all day and watched bad tv because i couldn't go out
Rocked me to sleep at night
Told me I could do anything
listened to me
You didn't call me crazy

Meaning so much to me
has made me unable to
go for the moon with you
I don't want you to leave my bed
But i want you out of my head

having shot down so many others
and having looked back
i can speak for certain
of these services I lack

I told you these
and you began to cry
You fell to the floor
and reached for a cigarette

Unable to form words
i stared at you
you tried to wrench emotion from my chest
pulled me to the floor with you

After kissing me
you ask me
"how can you be so composed
When your so torn apart? You don't know shit
you fight for so many to have love
but don't have it yourself"

Again, you hand me my moxie
in your hand
lies i've told
truths i'll never know

Your hands are always clammy
they hold your scent
it's tainted with cigarettes now
but i can still smell you

so because i know you read everything i write
I'll say to you on the page
what i can't say to your face
I love you
the way you're always right
and how you never let me win,
but you're always on my side.

No comments: