Friday, February 29, 2008

Thank You

Thank You:
for laughter
for tears
for the truth that relieves us
for questions without answers
for answers that need no questions
For love
for my body and the pleasure and pain that it gives me, though i constantly doubt it
For the man that always argues with me
for the angels that watch me when i travel
for peace
for old women
for the young girls that I pray get the chance to become old women
For music
for melody and harmony without which there would be no
for dance
for the ability to move myself at will, on my own terms
for the eyes to be grateful for that
For all the women who have acted as my mother
for the luck of being born to people who were able to take care of me
for being blessed and having that be more than two people
for the strength, courage, wisdom, and heart that my mother gave me
without which I would not exist
for the anger, passion, hunger, and will that my father gave me
without which I would not be where I am today

No comments: