Thursday, November 15, 2007

Damned Ladies!

Sonny came home with a mission...

So I talk about the women in my life a lot. I know it's a bit much sometimes, but I can't help it. I find women so empowering. I find women to really be the stronger sex. Okay, now I've turned into a really bad John Mayer song.


I've started this new job on campus, "Student Fundraiser." Basically, I'll be calling alumni and asking them for money. This sounds fine, and everything, I expect it to be something I can tolerate. At least they pay decently. Something else I can write about in my memoirs anyway.

So we've got three days of training for this job. Who knew there was such a theory to getting people to do things. (Please hold remarks regarding this being my major area of study)

Tonight I got to spend some phone time with Sheri Linn, my mom's beset friend.

Let me go crazy on you! Yea!

Just by speaking to her, I felt like I was eight years old again. I felt like a child. A very small child. I find myself doing this A LOT with several women. I can't quite depict the defining moment in my childhood when it happened, but somewhere along the lines, I decided to give women control over me.

Most of my friends are women, my role models are women for the most part, and I find it more than difficult to say no to those women that I'm close to. This is turning into more than a problem.

But I'm the only one who'd walk across a fire for you!

A very close friend of mine, who will remain nameless because I was raised properly and will only talk about a person behind their back, has asked me, again, to let her move in with me next semester. I'm finding it more and more difficult to say no.

Out there
full of shine and full of sparkle
close your eyes and see it glisten Barneby!
LISTEN Barneby!

How the hell do you say no to someone you don't want to say no to?

There's no blue monday in your Sunday Clothes!

This was supposed to be one of the perks of being a gay man: I didn't have to worry about women. Well screw that theory!

1 comment:

nia said...

Mwahaha! We manage to infiltrate your life anyway!

Seriously though, hon, if being gay meant you didn't have to deal with the other sex at all...I'm trying to decide if the trembling I'm feeling at the mere thought is anticipatory ecstasy...or heebie-jeebies.

We can dream anyway.