Friday, November 2, 2007

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think

I was walking to the office today, enjoying the fantabulous weather that goes along with early November and listening to my iPod. I threw on my "Oh honey" play list after a kind of tumultuous night last night. The first song that comes on is "Sunshine go away today, I don't feel much like dancin'"

It's sunny today, but cold. Good and cold. I call it Packer cold, only because i was raised on Green and Gold. (Sorry ma, Brenda wins) So it's Packer cold outside, and as I'm passing Fredrickson Court Apartments, someone comes out of the bushes that line the side walk. So I'm startled, naturally, and ask them if they need help. I was a little upset, right in the middle of the "The Great Escape" and I hate being startled. (wait, there's somebody in the bushes, right)

Anyway, he stands up and "It's thirsty Thursday dude!" he says.
"Nah man, today's Friday. Where do you live?"
"Um, Campustown! in Legacy tower."

Resisting the urge to call Kel and tell her I found one of her "great" people, i asked him if he was alright, and told him he should probably head home. We parted ways, and just as I'm about to be out of ear shot, he screams "Hey, aren't you Nate?"
"Yea"
"Totally! I so know you!"
"Get home before you get sick bud"

This was one of those be careful what you wish for moments. I always wanted to be someone people know. I worked my ass off to get to that point, and now, I'm not just someone people know, I'm someone people who are still drunk know. Truly refreshing.

In other news, I'm going to be throwing myself back into school work for the next week, and then after Turkey break again. So not so much with the partying kids.

If you see me without my nose in a book, please feel free smack me.
Alliance starts back up next week. The week off was SO nice. I think we're going to have to build that in each semester.

I will leave you with my new obsession:





No comments: